What to Expect
- Our mission is to provide kind, understanding, and confidential therapeutic treatment that is constructed uniquely consistent with each persons’ reasons for coming to therapy. We attempt to treat the person holistically by addressing every aspect of each persons’ unique life, environment, physical and emotional well-being
- We provide hour long sessions of psychotherapy.
- We’re in this together. We work towards becoming a team to reach each person’s therapeutic goals.
- While we treat all mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, behavior disorders and addictions we think of each person being a distinct individual with a unique history and experience.
- We treat ages 6+ with psychotherapy, individuals, families and couples.
- We take all-comers who want to be helped, including those who have been turned away from other clinicians.
- We do not provide medication. We do work with physicians to manage, revise and remove medications.
- Length of therapy depends on you. We typically work together to decide what might be helpful in determining what goals there are and how we plan to meet them. So it is on an individual basis.
We would like you to bring relevant information regarding your healthcare team, what medications you are on and ones you have been on that you’re off now.
We are willing to work in coordination with your healthcare team and for children we have often worked with teachers and education teams to coordinate care in and out of the classroom.
The goal is to be comfortable, so come however you find comfortable.
We typically work all day, we can do early morning and evening appointments.
- We take most insurances; Medicare (including most advantage plans), Tricare, Anthem, Aetna, Cigna, Humana, Kaiser, Military One Source, Magellan EAP and more.
- We do not accept Medicaid or United Healthcare (this includes Medicare advantage plans under United Healthcare).
- If you do not have insurance please give us a call for an appointment.
- The fee and copay will be taken at the time of service.
- We accept cash, credit card, Apple Pay, Google Wallet, and check.
If we do not take your insurance we can provide insurance-ready statements. They will be emailed to you at the end of each month detailing any direct payments you have made to the practice. These statements can be used to initiate the reimbursement process privately through your insurance company if you choose.
In the event billing efforts fail, delinquent accounts may be subject to collections. This therapist will make every attempt to develop a payment plan with any patient struggling to pay a past due balance prior to sending a balance to collections.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
• Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
• What is my deductible and has it been met?
• How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
• What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
• Is approval required from my primary care physician?
• What is my co-pay?
- All conversations between yourself and Lloyd or Allan are kept completely confidential unless you express otherwise and sign a waiver to release information. The only time that we would break confidentiality is based on state of Colorado law mandates us to report abuse and imminent danger to yourself or others.
- We keep it simple. We have a receptionist during the day (Wanda), Lloyd and Allan in the office (plus the occasional dog; Beowoof, Rosie, Bailey and Layla). We do have an answering service that is available to reach via our office number 719-634-5800. This line is operated 24 hours. If it is an emergency the answering service will reach out to us.
- To schedule please reach out to us via phone or email. Phone is quicker. 719-634-5800 and one of us will call to schedule an appointment.
- If you want to cancel we require 24 hour notice prior to your scheduled appointment without being charged for the appointment.
- Missed appointments are charged $125.00 without 24 hour notice to your scheduled appointment.
- Inclement weather and natural disasters of course cancellations are expected. Don’t worry.